Do you want to transfer Photos from OneDrive to Google Drive? In this article, we explain a simple and effective method to move photos from OneDrive to Google Photos. Along with that, we recommend the professional OneDrive Migrator Tool for transferring your valuable OneDrive files to Google Drive.
Microsoft OneDrive is the cloud storage developed by Microsoft. You can save your valuable documents into OneDrive and access them from any location. The storage space offered by OneDrive depends upon the plan you choose. In the free plan, you will get 5GB of storage space.
Similarly, Google Drive is the cloud storage space provided by Google. You can use the Google Drive space with your Gmail email account. Google Drive offers a storage space of 15 GB in the free plan. Although both OneDrive and Google Drive have various features, users want to copy Photos from OneDrive to Google Photos. Let us check some prominent reasons for transferring data.
Why Transfer Photos from OneDrive to Google Drive?
Google Drive offers a cloud storage space of 15 GB in the free plan. On the other hand, Microsoft OneDrive just has a free storage space of 5 GB. Therefore, free storage space is a crucial reason for migrating your data.
Another reason for shifting your mailbox data to Google Drive is that you can easily share it with other Gmail users. However, sharing a file between two different cloud services is very tedious.
Because of the above two reasons, users transfer their OneDrive photos to Google Drive. It is time to learn transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive.
Methods to Transfer Photos from OneDrive to Google Photos
Both OneDrive and Google Drive provide features to upload and download files. If you want to move photos from OneDrive to Google Photos, you can use these options. You need to download photos from your OneDrive account and upload them to your Google Drive. It is the manual approach for exporting your data. Below we will explain how to move all photos from OneDrive to Google Drive.
- First, log in to your OneDrive account.
- After that, locate the desired Photos that you want to move.
- Select the Photos and click on the Download button located at the top menu bar.
- It will download all the selected Photos into your system as a Zip file.
- Extract the compressed file into a folder.
- Now, sign in to the Google Drive account via desired login credentials.
- After that, click on the New button and select the File Upload option.
- Select all the Photos you downloaded from OneDrive and press the Open button.
- It will import all the Photos from OneDrive to Google Drive.
It is the complete manual procedure to transfer Photos from OneDrive to Google Drive. This approach is quite effective, but it is not suitable for all users because of complicated steps. Therefore, we recommend an easy and reliable professional OneDrive Migration Tool.
Professional Solution to Export Photos from OneDrive to Google Drive
DRS OneDrive Migration Tool is the most recommended software to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive without downloading. Also, you can migrate OneDrive to another OneDrive account and local drive. This application offers various advanced features to filter out all the unnecessary Drive items. Moreover, the DRS OneDrive Migration Tool is widely compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
Steps to Use DRS OneDrive Migrator Software
- Download the DRS OneDrive Migration Tool. Run it as administrator.
- You will see the Source as OneDrive. Click on the Next button.
- Choose an appropriate Microsoft Account or log in to the desired account.
- After that, check all the properties of the OneDrive Hit Next.
- Select appropriate file extensions, date filters, and other options. Press Next.
- Expand the destination field and select Google Drive. Click on the Next button.
- After that, log in to the Gmail account of the destination Google Drive or select from existing accounts.
- You will see the preview of all items available in Google Drive. Hit the Next button.
- Provide a suitable name for the resultant file and start the migration.
After reading this article, it can be concluded that you can transfer photos from OneDrive to Google Drive either through a manual method or via a professional tool. In the manual or DIY approach, you simply download photos from OneDrive and upload them to Google Drive. It is a simple and effective technique, but it is quite time-consuming. Therefore, we recommend the professional OneDrive Migration Tool move pictures between OneDrive to Google Drive.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can move pictures from OneDrive to Google Photos by performing the below steps.
● Login to the OneDrive account and select the desired photos.
● Download them into your system as a compressed Zip file.
● Extract all images from the Zip file.
● Login to Google Photos and import all the downloaded OneDrive Photos.
To sync OneDrive with Google Photos, you have to download the desired images from OneDrive into your PC. After that, import them to Google Photos. Alternatively, you can opt for the professional OneDrive Migration Tool for fast data transfer.
No, OneDrive and Google Drive are the cloud storage spaces offered by Microsoft and Google respectively. When you delete items from OneDrive, it does not alter the files on Google Drive unless you manually delete them.