Searching for a way-out to unlock PST file? In this write-up, you will learn the best approach to unlock password-protected Outlook PST file.
An Outlook PST file stores valuable mailbox data, so you need to secure it by enabling password protection. Sometimes, you want to remove the encryption but you have forgotten the password. Now, how will you access your Outlook PST file?
No need to worry. Here, we are explaining different easy and reliable ways to crack password-protected PST files. You can opt for any suitable method.
What is pst19upg.exe?
The pst19upg.exe is an inbuilt utility provided by Microsoft with Outlook 2003 and earlier versions. The main purpose of this application is to upgrade the Outlook PST file to version 19. However, in the process, it automatically disables the password protection from the PST file.
The limitation of pst19upg.exe became a useful feature for many users. Instead of upgrading the Outlook data file, the application is widely used to unlock password-protected PST file. It only worked for ANSI files, so you cannot decrypt a PST file with Unicode encoding.
How to Unlock Outlook PST File Password?
Generally, you cannot unlock your Outlook PST file by any manual method directly. Using the pst19upg.exe, you create an upgraded copy of the password protected PST file. And, as a byproduct, you get a resultant file without encryption.
Download Free PST Password Remover to swiftly recover, remove, and set new passwords without any hassle.
How to Use ‘pst19upg.exe’ to Disable PST Password?
To remove PST password through pst19upg.exe, you first need to repair the password protected PST file. For this purpose, use the inbuilt scanpst.exe. After repairing the file, you have to create its copy with the .psx extension. At last, you can use the pst19usg command to Command Prompt to crack the PST password.
Follow the below steps to unlock password protected Outlook PST file.
- Open File Explorer and locate the ScanPST.EXE. Go to the below mentioned path:
MS Outlook 2019 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
MS Outlook 2016 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
MS Outlook 2013 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
MS Outlook 2010 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
MS Outlook 2007 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Click on exe to launch the application.
- Press the Browse button and select the desired PST file.
- After that, hit the Start button to scan for corruption.
- Now, click on the Repair button to fix the corruption.
- After finishing the repair, click OK to exit the tool.
- Press Win+R and type CMD in the Run field. Click on the OK button.
- Now, type the location of pst19upg.exe and Outlook data file and press Enter. It will create a copy of the PST file with the .psx extension.
- At last, type the following command and press the Enter button to create a new PST without any password protection. (path of PST file\pst19upg.exe -x path of pst file\outlook-copy.PSX)
The above technique is quite complicated to open password protected outlook data PST files. Most users will be unable to perform the steps. Therefore, we bring the best alternative to manual methods.
An Easy Option to Change or Remove PST Password
DRS PST Password Remover Software efficiently cracks PST passwords without damaging the Outlook PST file. Along with disabling security parameters, this software also provides an option to enable a new password to the file. It is a compact yet effective Outlook password remover technique.
Easy Steps to Run Outlook Password Recovery to Unlock PST File
- Download and launch Best Online Outlook PST Unlocker.
- Click on Select Files option to select the password protected PST file.
- Click on Remove Password button to remove the password from the Outlook PST file.
- Now, close the application.
If you are looking for an easy yet effective solution to unlock password-protected Outlook PST files, DRS PST Password Remover is the ideal option for you. Unlike complicated manual steps, everyone can easily disable security parameters from Outlook PST files.