Similar to creating an Outlook backup, most people search for how to add PST file to Outlook. Here, we will explain the benefits of uploading your data. Also, we describe multiple methods to import the PST file. So, continue reading this article for the complete information.
Personal Storage Table or PST file is the backup file of MS Outlook. When you export the Outlook mailbox, it gets saved in the PST file format. It contains your complete mailbox data so you can access the emails without an internet connection.
Microsoft Outlook provides the option to add PST file to Outlook in the existing email account. So, you can access the data available in the Outlook data file. Moreover, you can upload the data file from one account to another email account added in Outlook.
Now, there are different ways to import the data to Outlook. But before learning how to import a PST file into Outlook, we should know the causes of this migration.
Why Should You Add PST File to Outlook?
If you want to add or move PST file to Outlook, you may have several reasons for this migration. However, some causes are general to most users. Let us explore them all.
- To access some deleted or lost mailbox items. It is the most common reason to perform migration.
- You may be setting up your Outlook to another system. In this case, you need to add a .PST file.
- Another reason to load PST file into Outlook is to access your mailbox items. If your Outlook application is not working, you can access your data to Outlook on other PCs.
How to Add a PST File to Outlook Application?
You can add PST file to Outlook by various simple methods. These techniques are functional and reliable. However, you must have the Outlook desktop application and the desired PST file. There are slight changes in the migration procedure with Outlook updates. Let us see how to upload the PST file.
Best Ways to Make a PST File in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019?
The procedure of importing PST File into Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 is the same. Follow the steps below to upload the file.
- Launch the MS Outlook application in your system.
- Click on the File button in the top left corner.
- Now, select the Open & Export tab.
- In the next window, choose the Import another program or file option and press the Next button.
- Now, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option, and click on the Next button.
- Browse the location of the desired PST file and press Next.
- At last, select the folder to import the file and click on the Finish button.
How to Add PST File into Outlook 2007 and 2003
The procedure to add and open PST file is similar to other versions of MS Outlook except for a few steps. Follow the below procedure to upload the Outlook data file to Outlook.
- Open the Outlook application and click on the File
- Now, choose the Import and Export option from the list.
- In the new wizard, select the Import another program or file option and click Next.
- Now, choose the .PST file option from the list and press the Next
- Click the Browse button and choose the desired PST file. Tap Next.
- At last, select the destination folder for the PST file and click on the Finish
Sometimes, users may not be able to perform the above steps correctly and end up damaging their PST file. In such a situation, you need an advanced utility to repair your corrupted PST file.
Professional Solution to Restore Corrupted PST File
DRS PST Recovery Software is the best software to restore your damaged PST file. So, you can easily add a PST file to the Outlook application. Apart from effectively recovering the PST file, the tool gives you various options like file encryption, date range filter, and saving into multiple file formats. Therefore, it is the best tool for every user.
If you want to upload your PST file for sharing purposes, there is a more convenient option. Instead of simply adding to the Outlook application, you can import the PST file to Office 365. This way, everyone with a user account can access the file.
To Sum Up
Importing PST files to Outlook can be possible through multiple techniques. These methods are efficient and easy to perform for every user. However, chances of file corruption are still there. If your file gets damaged, you must repair it before you add PST file to Outlook. DRS PST Recovery helps you in restoring the complete file data. It is the best option for novice and expert users.
Frequently Asked Queries about PST Migration
Q: How do I open a PST file in Microsoft application?
Ans: The procedure to open PST in Outlook application is as follows.
- Open MS Outlook and click on the File
- Choose the Open & Export option and click on the Open Outlook Data File
- Select the required PST file from your system and press Open.
- Now, you can check the selected PST file content in Outlook.
Q: How to add a PST file in Outlook 2016?
Ans: You can add the PST file to Outlook by performing the above steps. However, If you did not follow the steps correctly, the PST files may get corrupted. So, you should have the DRS PST Recovery Software for restoring the damaged PST files.
Q: Is there any method to import PST to Gmail?
Ans: Yes, you can import the PST to Gmail using the PST Converter tool. This approach helps in fast and effective migration of emails.
Q: How do I restore my Outlook PST file?
Ans: MS Outlook has an inbuilt application named scanpst.exe. This application is situated in the root location of Outlook. The inbuilt tool cannot fix major issues with the PST file. Therefore, the ideal option is the DRS PST Recovery Software.