With the advancement in technology, cyber-attacks have also increased exponentially. And with that, everyone has become much more concerned about their data safety. And so, to secure their data, encrypting your PST file has become a necessity for everyone. But what if someone forgets this password and hence is unable to decrypt. So, in such a case, an Outlook Password Decryptor is the only option available.
In short, a password decryptor decrypts the PST password and makes you able to regain access to your data. Now you must be thinking, isn’t there a manual method to decrypt encrypted password from PST.
Therefore, to answer your question and make us familiar with the manual method, let us learn about them. But first, let’s look at some reasons for setting up a password.
Why Should We Encrypt a PST File?
Although, there can be several reasons for encrypting a PST file. Some of them are as follows:
- Preventing unintentional intrusion
- Protecting your privacy
- Data Safety
- Prevents accidental deletion or alteration of PST files
Now that you know the need to create a password, you should keep in mind that a weak password can’t protect you from anything. So, you should always use a strong password. You can have specific parameters in mind while creating a password, which is as follows:
- Your password can be a max of 15 characters.
- It should contain at least six characters, which should be a mixture of the followings:
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
- Symbols or special characters
Apart from all this, there are several other guidelines you must remember to secure your PST file.
Brief Password Guidelines
If you don’t wish to fall for using an Outlook Password Decryptor, then you must always keep the followings in mind:
- Try not to use your easy-to-guess basic information as a password.
- It is essential to set a password for your Windows. It is so because the PST password alone is not capable of stopping any data misuse.
- Moreover, ensure to lock your system if you are moving away because Outlook does not always require a password for opening an Outlook data file.
- Also, you can only set passwords for a PST file, not for all individual ones.
- Finally, remember that Microsoft can’t retrieve your password if you forget it. Ensure to write it down safely somewhere for any emergency.
However, no one can guarantee anything even after taking all precautions. And hence, you can be stuck in a situation to decrypt encrypted password from PST. So, now let us explore the question of how to decode a password.
How to Decrypt Password of a PST File Manually
The manual method can help you reset or change your password, but it cannot decrypt them like an Outlook Password Decryptor. Follow the given steps to reset your PST password:
- First of all, launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Now, select the PST file from the left pane. And right-click on it and choose Data File Properties.
- After that, click on the Advanced Tab.
- Press the Change Password button.
- Now, type in your Old password, New password and verify the new one.
- At last, click on the OK button to finish resetting your password.
As stated earlier, manual methods are not capable of decrypting a password. Hence, you will require Password Decryption Software to secure your data from unwanted intrusions. So, let us explore the best third-party solution for how to decrypt a PST file without password.
Third-Party Solution to Decrypt Outlook PST Password
I would recommend you to try DRS PST Password Remover as it is the best Outlook password decryptor available for your PST password queries. It is an intelligent utility that can help you quickly remove or add a new password for your PST file. Some of its unique features which makes it the best in the business are as follows:
- Friendly user interface
- Compatible with all versions of Windows & Mac
- Swift retrieval of PST passwords
- Assure zero data loss
Through this blog, we covered and explained the need for encrypting an Outlook Data File. Also, we guided you through the manual method for resetting your PST password. And we introduced the best third-party Outlook Password Decryptor to solve all your queries. I hope that you found this blog valuable.