Are you facing Outlook not accepting password Issues? Is your Outlook not accepting the password which you are entering? Does the problem persist and you don’t have any solution? Don’t worry, as, in this blog, you will get a complete fix to this problem. As we know, Outlook is the most used email client, and if any problem occurs, then it can lead to serious data loss.
One of the problems in Outlook is the “Outlook Password Prompt Issue.” The Outlook will keep on asking for a password, every time you enter the Outlook app password. Even if you have done an Outlook password reset, it will keep on asking for the password and the situation becomes drastic.
Remove Outlook Password yourself, or DRS Softech do it for you!
Download Free PST Password Remover to swiftly remove, and set new passwords and get rid of Outlook not accepting password issue.
But, Why Outlook Not Accepting Password
- Outlook must have been configured to ask for password credentials every time the user logins.
- The password configured by the credential manager at the backend would be incorrect.
- The Windows Outlook is not updated to the latest version.
- Corruption in files may have caused Outlook to get corrupted which is causing frequent Outlook password prompts.
- Bad network connection or antivirus issues can also cause Outlook not to work properly.
Solutions to Fix Outlook Not Accepting Password
Follow the below strategies to overcome password prompt issue in MS Outlook:
1. Disable “Always Prompt for Login Credential”
To do this follow these steps-
- Open Outlook and go to File > Account Setting.
- Change the exchange account setting by clicking on “More Setting”.
- Click on the Security tab, and uncheck Always Prompt for Logon Credentials.
2. Change the pre-configured credentials
Credential Manager stores and manages all login and passwords of your Outlook. To change the stored credentials:
- Go to the Control panel and click on User Accounts.
- Click on the Credential Manager > Windows Credential.
- You will see all the login credentials, now remove the Outlook user credential from the list.
- Now, launch the Outlook app as administrator.
3. Create a new Outlook profile
- Go to the control panel and click on Mail.
- Now, click on “Show Profiles”, and choose Outlook.
- Click on Add and give a profile name, email address, and password for the mail profile.
This new profile will help in getting saved from an older corrupt profile and can prevent the problem.
4. Disconnect the Microsoft account from MS Office apps
- Open the Outlook Settings and go to Email & Accounts.
- Disconnect the MS Outlook account.
- Now do a Microsoft Outlook password reset after opening it.
- Enter a new password and login successfully.
The reason behind doing a Microsoft Outlook change password is that it will reconfigure the application successfully.
5. Update to the latest Outlook version
Keep the software updated so that any inaccessibility does not occur. To update your app follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and go to File> Office Account.
- Click on Update and if you cannot see this option, then enable the updates for the application by going to settings.
6. Disable the antivirus and add-ins, and boot in safe mode
Try disabling the antivirus and firewall, interfering with the functioning of Outlook. And, go through the below steps to disable Outlook add-ins:
- Open Outlook, Go to File, and click the Manage Add-ins
- Select Add-in from and turn it off
Now launch the Outlook in safe mode by pressing the Control key and double-click on the Outlook shortcut icon.
7. Enable “Remember Password”
To do this follow these steps:-
- Open the Control panel, and then select Mail.
- Now, click on the button Email Account shown on the screen.
- Choose Outlook email account and click on Change.
- Now, tick the option “Remember Password” and save changes.”
This will help in preventing the error, “Outlook Not Accepting Password” by saving your configured password.
8. Bad network connection
An unstable internet network connection can cause an Outlook crash, thereby causing Outlook password prompt issue.
What if these solutions don’t work and Outlook gets corrupted severely?
Then a smart way to prevent this error and save your important data is through the DRS PST Repair Tool. It will save you time by removing the option to change Outlook password online.
DRS PST Repair Tool
Download Free PST Repair Tool to Repair Corrupt PST File & Restore Outlook Emails from PST File.
This Outlook Repair Tool will repair the corrupt files, thereby removing the corruption from the Outlook profile. It gives an option to save recovered files in PST, EML, DBX, MSG, MBOX, HTML, TXT, etc.
USPs of PST Repair Utility
- You will be able to create a backup of important data when you face the issue of Outlook not accepting password due to Corruption.
- Useful when Outlook mailbox is inaccessible due to PST corruption and Scanpst.exe fails to recover that corrupt data.
- Allows previewing of data files, so that, non Outlook users can access PST files.
The problem of Outlook not accepting password is caused by many reasons like a corrupt Outlook profile or incorrect login credentials. Therefore, it becomes important to have a backup of important files, so that, if this problem arises, you can have the access to important data. This problem can certainly be solved if you know what caused Outlook to show this error.